The System Architect & Engineer is accountable for conceptualization, design, and deployment of System infrastructure solutions into one of the world’s largest stock and derivative exchanges.
The System Architect & Engineer delivers consistent infrastructure services, follows best practices and achieve best of breed System infrastructure. This approach has to be in phase with the operational environment and improve the Infrastructure As A Service model
The role entails choosing appropriate strategic architecture building to meet business requirements and create high level designs that Factory engineering can use to consistently produce low level designs for implementation phase.
This includes carrying an authoritative voice on aspects of virtual design, implementation, testing and resilience.
Into the System Engineering team, the The System Architect & Engineer develops, implements new solutions, and provides third line support of all these infrastructure solutions .
The role involves being a technical interface with System suppliers, such as HP, RedHat, VMWare, … for infrastructure solution design and iterative improvements.
Working alongside colleagues from other departments to interface with vendors for System solution design and continuous improvements of the service.
There is interaction with the infrastructure team, software Development team and Project Management Officers in order to understand the behaviour and requirements of their applications and services.
This includes presales and , and liaison with key suppliers.
The System Architect & Engineer will work closely with the Factory team who provides the level 2 support and Infrastructure maintenance.
He / She would share a real experience in using standard RedHat platform administration tools (Ansible / Tower / Satellite) and should be familiar with Python scripting.
He / She would share actual skills in designing an integrating Cloud technologies (OpenStack based) and join seamlessly the team already working on the subject.
• Codify business requirements and propose designs in Solution documents
• Providing estimates of virtual costs including manpower, equipment and licence
• Work with the procurement department to create and manage vendor RFPs.
• Providing definitive architecture and engineering conformance documentation for hardware, logical design, and application deployment.
Manage third party suppliers for operational effectiveness and during projects to influence design decisions and ensure maximum business benefit is obtained from the System infrastructure.
• Manage the design continuity, development & maintenance of the System environment.
• Provision of Detailed Design documentation and solution document with a service oriented approach with subsequent liaison to other team members and implementation team members
• The role will have an element of process improvement, re-engineering and root-cause analysis/resolution.
• The role will involve managing and executing large scale maintenance and improvement projects.
• Work with Level2 support team to:
o Increase virtual skillset in the team.
o Ensure standard operating procedures and service catalogues are up-to-date.
o Validate incidents and requests that are being escalated to the Solution and Engineering team.
Profile candidat :
5+ years of experience on System infrastructure covering the following topics
- Mandatory: RHEL 7.x and 6.x (Legacy RHEL appreciated) at expert level
- Mandatory: Significant experience of RedHat platform tools (Ansible / Tower / Satellite)
- Mandatory: Cloud architecture, deployment and automation (OpenStack)
- Important: Python scripting (Ansible)
- Important: VMware virtualization / RedHat KVM/QEMU virtualization
- Important: basic networking in datacenter environment (routing, DNS, VLAN…)
- Appreciated: RedHat Clustering/High Availability
- Appreciated: HP hardware and tools
The candidate should have gained good knowledge of architecture and engineering environments with 5+ years working in a similar role.
Ability to stand, for a limited amount of time, high pressure situations.
Excellent Client and inter-team communication skills.
Ability to operate at a tactical level daily, while not losing focus of strategic objectives.
English speaking and writing (international working environment).
Ability to write technical documents, either for new or existing projects
Contact : Martin THAI (tel.: +33 661 35 10 66 / firstname.lastname@example.org)